Hounslow Action for Youth (HAY) have received funding for our Urban BeeLievers environmental and community learning project which takes place on our beautiful Allotment as well as the Hanworth Centre. If you are passionate about being outdoors and working with Young People or you could offer your expertise and skills in a variety of other ways we would love to hear from you.
Based at: The Allotment in Hanworth & The Hanworth Centre
Reports to: Youth Group Manager & Operational Manager
Volunteering Period: Depending on your availability, either Tuesdays late morning/ early afternoons or over weekends.
Salary: The role is voluntary. Travel and lunch expenses will be reimbursed.
Objectives of the Post:
Volunteers will provide one to one and group support to young people aged 8-12, helping them to participate in a wide range of environmental, community development and social enterprise activities which take place both at the Hanworth Centre and our allotment.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
Provide one to one and group support to young people as they participate in beekeeping activities where they will harvest honey and beeswax and create a multi-purpose product from the beeswax.
- Support the young people in developing their beeswax product as the starting point for a social enterprise. The honey and beeswax products will be packaged and gifted to older people who attend a weekly Age Concern drop-in.
- Help the young people to organise an annual community fair for older people and the community.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good communication skills and the ability to empathise with young people
- Team working
- Business and marketing skills are desired but not essential
- Understanding of, and sympathy with, the overall aims of the Charity
What we offer our volunteers
- Induction and ongoing training and supervision from our skilled team of youth work professionals
- Monthly team meetings with opportunities to share information, learn and socialise
- Travel and lunch expenses will be paid
- Free access to external training with our local CVS and other partner agencies
We are a friendly, professional team and this is a great opportunity for people to have fun in a beautiful setting, sharing their skills with disadvantaged young people.
Please contact Mrs Manminder Kaur or John Hepple on 0208 898 0892 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and how to apply.